Thursday, June 26, 2008

FORE!!!!!!!!








Here I am in my mid thirties and the only golf club I've ever had in my hands were the much loved Steakburger clubs. Something must be done about this!!! My husband is having too much fun with this sport, so I figured I'd give it a try, I mean how hard could it be to hit a little white ball in a hole?? Well, I have no idea how hard it is because I'm struggling with just making contact with the little white ball.
WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have completed one lesson and the pro thinks there's hope for me....that remains to be seen. I have NO patience with myself. I expect to be good from the get go...not gonna happen! Another reason for taking up this sport is to get good enough to go out with my husband. Wouldn't it be nice to enjoy a sport/activity together?? Something we can enjoy together in retirement (if that day ever comes).

WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the sound of me missing the ball again, but wait, I'll try again............Contact, that's very exciting..........oh, but look, I just hit a good sized divit of grass out of my own front yard....lovely....maybe I can put it back before my husband sees.....too late, but he's not mad....whew!

So, I guess I'll keep at it and maybe I'll improve enough to show my face at an actual golf course, but for now I'm sticking with the privacy of my own yard!

No comments: