Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rested and Relaxed


This past weekend started off with a fun jump in the leaves at Nana and Poppy's house. It only got better from there. Although Damon had to work on Saturday, he was home by 2ish and I figured I'd also work to get all my chores done so we could enjoy the rest of the weekend. And we did. Before the weekend started I checked all my calendars (don't ask me why I have more than one) and I couldn't believe it....both days were blank. I got really excited, almost giddy at the thought of a REAL weekend. You know, the kind where you relax and everything. I'm not sure how it started, but somewhere along the way weekends evolved from relaxing into "cram as much stuff as possible into two days so you are exhausted on Monday" kind of weekends. I mean it's always good stuff we're doing....birthday parties, family gatherings, church, date night, home group, but running around isn't quality rest time. So anyway, with the chores completed, there was time for napping, family movie night, sit on the couch and read the newspaper while you are watching your football team lose, puzzles, more naps, eating and reading. It was nice, I hope we can do it more often!


The very messy "art supplies" cabinet got a make over

So much better...I've wanted to get this accomplished for MANY weekends! Now I know what is actually in the cabinet!Cousin Erin came to visit from Oklahoma! We wish you lived closer!

family nap time....don't you love my Christmas flannel sheets! So Cozy! The kids were both up until 10pm that night...now I remember why we don't do naps anymore, but it was blissfully quiet for an hour!

Katelyn's braids. I'm no hairdresser, but she loves for me to braid her hair and this weekend I said yes, because I had time! I hope we get another restful weekend soon!

8 comments:

Meredith said...

Love the new blog!! Looks great Shannon! So glad you guys had a wonderfully relaxing and restful weekend!

Corrigan Party of Six said...

cute new background! i love the leaves... i know i a dilinquent in my tagging! i'm so boring, i can't think of a single thing interesting to share. i'll keep thinking :)

meleea said...

beautiful new blog design! so glad you guys got to rest. love the braids.

Dee said...

Come clean my cabinets! Looks fab! I love those kinda weekends! I know whatch mean about the "no hair dresser" comment. Maybe we should take braiding classes rather than pole classes...hehehe

The Pace Posse said...

Restful weekends are my FAVORITE, but they come way to few and far between. Your weekend sounds wonderful! :)

said...

Hey girl - just found your blog.
Lovin' it!

Hopefully see you Wednesday night.

Meredith said...

I left you something on my blog... come get it!

Corrigan Party of Six said...

i got those same cozy christmas sheets for zazie for her b-day... i have a different pattern, but i love them all the same - going to bed never felt so good :) who am i kidding? i always love going to bed...