Sunday, November 2, 2008

Tagged!


My dear friend Meredith tagged me a couple weeks ago! I know I'm overdue, but better late than never!

before I get started, I have a Katelyn funny for the evening. Tonight when we were reading our devotional, it asked a question about what we can do for someone to show them that we love them. Katleyn replied...."like, we can push them on the swing"....how cute was that? But seriously, what three and a half year old already says "like" to start out a sentence????? OK, here's my list!

1. I'm an introvert. I think I've always known this about myself, but when I heard a definition a while back, it totally confirmed it for me. Extroverts gain energy by being around a group of people, and introverts are exhausted after being around a large group of people. I need to hide in my cave for a while after being around a group of people. I tend to overanalyze things and replay converstations in my head, etc, etc, it's tiring! I'm more of a one on one person.

2. I'm a news junkie. I love reading the newspaper. Everyday. Cover to Cover. I wish I was as excited to read my Bible everyday. Sad but true. I need to know what's going on in my local area, the whole country, and the world we live in. I need to know the weather for the week, local sports, national sports, business news. The whole shabang!

3. I love watching sports. Watching on TV is fun, but live is sooo much better. I went to my first NFL game this fall and it was so much fun! Qwest Field (home field for the Seahawks) is amazing. It's so loud with lots of non stop action. A few years back I had the most amazing weekend in mid october: I watched a world series baseball game on Friday (on TV), went to a Husky game in Seattle on Saturday and went to a pre-season Blazer game on a Sunday. Now that's a fun weekend! (I'm thinking that must have been before kids!)

4. I love being a mom. I loved the pregnancy experience. We would love to be blessed with more children. This is completely in God's hands and in His timing.

5. I can recall two specific times in my life where I heard God speak to me loud and clear. One of those incidents was when I was in my mid twenties and I had this friend named Damon. I had put him in the friend box where I was assuming he would stay. He was easy to talk to and fun to be around, but when he asked me out, I kept him at an arms length knowing he would stay in the friend box. God spoke to me and said to open my heart to the possibility of more than a friendship. He's an amazing husband and father and my best friend. God knew what I needed in a husband and I am blown away by the way he loves me (and puts up with me).

6. I love the sun. Summer is by far my favorite season. I love being warm, I love feeling the warm sun on my skin (I know this is so bad and I have gotten way better about sunscreen in my old age). I love that it stays light out late. Fall is nice too, but I struggle through winter and spring is ok when it doesn't rain 24/7, but nothing compares to summer!

7. I love getting good deals. It's like a high or something! I have a lot to learn from my egg farming, grocery gaming, soap making friends, but I think I'm on my way! Here's my latest great deal....guess how much I spent for all this stuff at Old Navy a couple weeks ago



$16.27! Seriously!!!! It's all brand new!


7 1/2. Ok, I know I'm really posting 8 things, but I have one last outrageous fact that could be filed under the "weird" category! I would love to learn how to pole dance! I've heard it's a great work out! Not to perform for anyone other than the special person listen in item number 5 (who has said he would install one for me....guess how quick that home improvement item would get done???)


Ok, enough about me, I'd love to hear from Paulette, Heather, Meleea, Lisa, Sarah, Rachel and Annette

7 comments:

Lee Ann said...

I love these things and learning about people. When you find a pole class I'll go with you! Two, quiet introverts. I'm sure my honey would be more than happy to install that in the new house as well. It's just the whole thing of giving the house tour. "And mom, dad, this is our pole where I do little dances for Steve." Ya, I just can't do it. :-)

Mara said...

Lee Ann,
hmmm, apparently I haven't thought through all of this! Let's just start out with a class!

Dee said...

WOW! It's those quiet introverts that really are born to be WILD! You wild thing, you!

You girls can't be telling my hubby about those kind of classes. He doesn't know that they exist!

I've been thinking of a nice housewarming gift for Lee Ann....hmmm! Steve sure would have a pasty, smiley face every day wouldn't he!

You know I'm super proud of one specific detail that you shared!

Meredith said...

Still giggling Mara! Thanks for that and your honesty. Love you! And Lee Ann, you're crackin' me up!

meleea said...

i loved your 7 random facts - i did mine today!

niccole w. said...

Okay, seriously, I have totally wanted to take a pole dancing class. I even found out where they do it in Vancouver. Maybe it could be a MOM's thing and we could put in the church bulletin. Email me if you really want to do it:)

Audrey said...

Hi Mara! Thanks for your comment...glad I'm not alone out here with my major desire for structure!!

I completely relate to your 1st fact, too. I am a major introvert and the definition you posted describes me to a 'T'!

Also, good luck with the pole dancing ;)