Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The First Lost Tooth

She waited and waited and waited and waited. She saw all her friends lose teeth. She asked when it would be her turn and was told the tooth would get loose and come out when it was ready to. She's over six and a half so any day we knew it would happen then lo and behold after checking for a wiggle, she was soooo excited to feel a little movement. There was no turning back now, this tooth was getting looser by the minute. A couple weeks later during the daily wiggle-fest and while watching some morning cartoons, I heard a scream and was informed someone was bleeding. I was on the computer and ran in to see who got hurt. The scream sooned turned into a squeal of excitment. It was out! Her first lost tooth! We rinsed it off and almost lost it down the drain in our adrenalin rush, but it made it under the pillow that night and off it went with the tooth fairy! What a fun milestone to experience!

Now we can gear up for the "big wait" for boobs and periods....oh joy! Luckily I have a few years :)
Her new "look"



making all her calls to share the excitement!

2 comments:

Lee Ann said...

she is so stinkin' cute! Look how proud she is!

Amy said...

Ryan just lost his first tooth, then days later his second! I love how excited she is. Ryan was embarassed. He didn't even want me to post about it on my blog, but I convinced to let me :-)