Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Masters March Madness

March is a fun but busy month for us. Katelyn's birthday, my birthday and St Patty's day. My family is Irish, so we have fun celebrating as an extended family each year. We settled on a bunny theme for Katelyn's birthday party. Why a bunny theme? Well, Kate's bday is March 12th and target and the dollar store are stocked full of Easter stuff, so I figured it would be a good theme! We wanted to keep it simple, so we invited a few girls over after school was out and played games and had a cupcake. Everyone had a great time!
We tried the cupcake cake and it turned out really cute! The lady at Safeway (yes, I bought it) said it was her first attempt at a bunny and I thought she did great.

One of the games I had planned was Chubby Bunny. As we got set to play it, I realized that it would be a bad idea to have the kids choke on marshmellows, so luckily Daddy was home and we made him do it! The girls thought it was hilarious!

Party girls!

Happy St Patrick's Day! The Corrigan family gathers each St Patrick's Day to enjoy a traditional Irish meal together. It's always a great time! My brother Kyle and his daughter came from Hillsboro, my parents and my sister and her family Even Build-a-bear dressd for the event!

My mom, sister and me!

March birthday girls!

For the final March event....my birthday! As usual, my birthday request involves some pampering and tranquility. Shannon joined me for a mini spa day which included a facial and a massage. We then finished the evening at PF Changs for dinner. For my actual birthday, I got to pick the dinner location (Beaches) and then we attempted to go bowling afterwards (it's something we've done for the past two years on my birthday) but apparently it was league night everywhere so we called it a night!

My girls and me at Beaches

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Great post - love all the pictures - fun to see your family and your hubby is a great sport - fun game idea for a bunny themed party - I bought some bunnyshaped marshmallows at Target this year in the pastel colors - those would have been good - ha! You sure have beautiful girls!